Saturday, January 21, 2006

Tonight.......

God shared a love letter with me tonight. It's actually a love letter to Him. I didn't write it, but it is my heart's cry tonight.

Psalm 16: 1-2, 5-11 (Contemporary English Version)

Protect me Lord God. I run to You for safety and I have said, Only You are my Lord. Every good thing I have is a gift from You.
You Lord are all I want. You are my choice and You keep me safe. You make my life pleasant and my future is bright. I praise you Lord for being my guide. Even in the darkest night, Your teachings fill my mind. I will always look to You as You stand beside me and protect me from fear. With all my heart I will celebrate and I can safely rest. I am Your chosen one. You won't leave me in the grave or let my body decay. You have shown me the path to life and You make me glad by being near to me. Sitting at Your right side, I will always be joyful.


Life has been hard, so hard lately. But the love I have for my Savior runs deep. And I am going to continue to believe Him, believe that His Word is true. This passage of Scripture speaks to my heart and soul.. One verse in particular is standing out to me tonight. "You are my choice" No matter what happens each day. He is my choice. I choose to trust, I choose to have faith, I choose to love, I choose to believe, I choose to be Christ-like. I fail at this more times than I can count. But thank God, tomorrow's a new day. Another chance to live this love letter.

3 comments:

Jennifer from Ohio said...

Wonderful passage Becky. I will talk to you soon.

Danielle said...

So good to read your heart again. I pray for you regularly.

Jennifer from Ohio said...

Hi Becs. It is August 31st, 2006 and I thought that I would add another comment just to see if you ever wander over here. I know that you don't have a lot of extra time for blogging right now, but I thought that I would say hi. Hi!

Love,
Jen