I really don't think a "National Straw Day" exists, but if it did, it would be today, as least according to my boys. I am not talking about straw, as in hay, but straw as in drinking straws.
I walked in the kitchen this morning to discover Jonathan standing in front of an open drawer with little bits of paper flying everywhere. To my bewilderment, he had found a stash of fast-food resturant straws and was frantically tearing the wraps off of ALL of them. When I asked him what he was doing, he simply said : "I need lots of straws." So after convincing him to clean up the mess, he enjoyed a nice glass of water with about 10 straws in it.
Fast foward to this afternoon. I was working at our Bookstore with Zachary. He normally does ok for about an hour as long as I have lots of snacks. I was busy sorting books when I realized that Zach was too quiet. I glanced over to the play area to see an arrayment of colors in the air. Curiously, I ran over to see Zach, delighted of course, shaking a container of neon-colored coffee stirrer straws all over the floor. When I asked him what he was doing, he simply said: "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
So my only conclusion is: it must be National Straw Day.
1 comment:
If only I had known, we would have celebrated with you!
Post a Comment